More Love, More Power

Jan.4. I have been given the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the  power of the enemy, according to Luke 10:18. Nothing shall hurt me because my life is hidden in Christ. You have made me to have dominion over the works of your hands and  You have put all things under my feet, (Ps. 8:6). Yet, the greatest commandment is to love the Lord my God with all my heart, mind, and soul and love my neighbor as myself. There is an important connection between displaying the power of God in our lives and walking in love. All believers have been given authority; but God entrusts power to those that won't misuse it, and that comes from knowing His heart, His ways, and walking in love. Jesus walked in compassion and great miracles took place. Although He had great power, He did not use it to injure others or misuse the authority and power that had been given to Him. Neither should we. This is why we go through seasons of brokenness, barrenness, stretching, testing, and trials of every variety. A heart that has not been broken of pride, arrogance, and judgment will tend to misuse authority. A heart that has not been healed of past wounds, fears and offenses will reproduce it into others. Love comes from a heart that is sensitive to the pains and struggles of others, and is humble and not looking to judge others. Love and compassion are birthed from struggles, temptations, failures and the grace that God pours in to heal our brokenness. A heart that has been forgiven much, loves much - not just God, but others, too. The testings are there to see if we will refuse retaliation, they give us opportunities to deny our flesh and walk in the Spirit. Challenges demand a response, whether we will respond in faith and love. Where you see great love, you will also find great miracles! When we walk in love, God's power in our life increases. 

"He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." ~ Micah 6:8

Pray: Father, Help me not to miss the opportunities to demonstrate love. Help me subdue my flesh rather than respond out of impatience, anger, or offense. Help me to remember who I am in Christ and that I am full of YOUR Holy Spirit that enables me to love others. Give me eyes to see who needs to be loved each day.

Holy Spirit, I cannot do it without You. Enable me each day to walk in love I pray, for it is written, ‘Be kind to one another, tender hearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.’ (Eph. 4:32) 

I declare
the love of God has been poured out into my heart by the Holy Spirit as it is written in Romans 5:5 and I walk in Divine Love. This love increases more and more each day and brings with it the ministry of reconciliation.

I declare that I am your minister to a hurting world, according to 2 Cor. 5:18,19. I am the representation of Jesus Christ in this earth, reconciling those that are suffering and struggling under the weight of their own sin, oppression, pain and in need of healing.

I declare
that I am anointed to set captives free, according to Luke 4:18. I am anointed to preach the gospel, to heal the broken hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and open the eyes of the blind. I am anointed to set at liberty those who are oppressed and to proclaim the acceptable year of our Lord. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment