Saturday, April 6, 2013

Inner Transformation

After praying this prayer, the Lord woke me up to help clarify a few old issues I have been struggling with, so I thought I would share those insights. 


Every wrong behavior in a person is the result of them believing a lie about who they really are. We have been crucified with Christ; which means our old nature is dead. If there is some habit or behavior that we can not seem to get rid of, something that does not reflect our true identity and new nature in Christ, then there is a lie rooted in our belief system that is at war with the spiritual reality of who we are in Christ. It is literally holding our redeemed nature in captivity until the lie is displaced with truth. If you are trying to change a habit or something about yourself that you do not like, ask Him to uncover the lie and show you what is causing the war in your thoughts! When the lie is revealed and truth replaces it, you will have peace, and peace allows one's nature to change. God does not speak to our sin nature because the old 'us' was nailed to the cross along with Christ. He simply works in us to displace the lies that we have taken in about ourselves so that the truth will extinguish the lies and restore the redeemed nature of Christ in us. Isn't that good news?



A prayer for today:


Father,


Today I pray for a fresh perspective that will transform me from the inside out. Please give me eyes to see with clarity in the Spirit. Help me to see everything from Your perspective rather than what I see or perceive from the natural realm. Help me to see the opportunities rather than the obstacles. Help me to see Your purpose and cooperate with your Holy Spirit with an attitude of joy in the process of inner transformation. I give You permission to take my old mindset and bad habits and replace them with new thoughts, beliefs and habits that represent my new nature as I am in Christ. Show me how to be gentle. Show me how to walk in faith that pleases You.Help me to focus on the righteousness of Christ and the joy of fellowship with Holy Spirit rather than focusing on negativity or circumstances.  Help me to remember that Your grace and mercy are always greater than my shortcomings, sin and failures. Help me not to condemn myself but to see myself as You see me. Holy Spirit, I ask You to reveal my identity, the way heaven sees me, and my purpose as it connects to my truest identity. Help me to remember that my sins are forgiven and to extend that grace and forgiveness to others. Help me to focus on your kindness and be overwhelmed by Your great love for me. Give me eyes to see the many ways You communicate and a heart to understand what You want to reveal to me each day. Help me to see the good that surrounds me, the blessings You have given me, Your favor that operates in my life and express gratitude to You each and every day. Help me to speak blessing over every circumstance.  In Jesus name, amen.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Just had to comment on how QUICK God answered this prayer! He woke me up in the middle of the night to tell me a few things and start unraveling lies that had been with me for many years. Here's a few thoughts to share ...

    Every wrong behavior in a person is the result of them believing a lie about who they really are. We have been crucified with Christ; which means our old nature is dead. If there is some habit or behavior that we can not seem to get rid of, something that does not reflect our true identity and new nature in Christ, then there is a lie rooted in our belief system that is at war with the spiritual reality of who we are in Christ. It is literally holding our redeemed nature in captivity until the lie is displaced with truth. Ask Him to uncover the lie and show you what is causing the war in your thoughts!

    The enemy uses divination (false prophetic words) to appeal to pride, ego, and our carnal desires. He uses flattery so that a person will want to hold onto that (false) prophecy when the truth of the matter is it will never come to pass because it did not originate from God. This causes disillusionment, anger and rebellion and it can also cause a person to feel desperate and impatient. Realize that when God speaks it promotes humility, not pride. Renounce the seeds of divination and the lies the enemy has spoken in order to create a false identity in you. Command all sees of lies to shrivel and die!

    God does not speak to our sin nature. He simply works in us to displace the lies that we have taken in about ourselves so that the truth will extinguish the lies and restore the nature of Christ in us. Also, if a person is feeling a sense of rejection, self condemnation or a need for approval from others, then this may be a help to them. Do you realize that God does not reject the vessel where His Spirit inhabits? If in Christ, there is total and complete acceptance as His beloved because His beloved Son inhabits us.

    And one last thought to share...we can rest in His peace, knowing that He has everything in our lives right on schedule. He is all knowing. He is all powerful. He can handle any situation you might be facing. Stop fighting with yourself and you will have peace, and it allows your nature to become more Christlike!

    ReplyDelete