Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Epiphany

Last night before going to be I glanced at the new calendar we had put up. I saw a word written on January 6th. Epiphany.

Wikipedia defines the word like this: "the experience of a sudden or striking realization. It can apply in any situation in which an enlightening realization allows a problem or situation to be understood from a new or deeper perspective." In other words, it's a definition of breakthrough.

In Christianity, the word epiphany refers to the realization that Christ is the Son of God. There are certain Western churches that commemorate the celebration of the Feast of Epiphany on January 6th, which is why it showed up on the calendar, but I thought it was a wonderful little clue that God wants us each to receive a realization that will lead us to a breakthrough. I joked about it with my husband and told him since it was on the calendar I was going to thank God for our 'epiphany' and give us insight to the bigger picture of what He had in store for us! What a great thing to pray for today, don't you think?

Dear Holy Spirit,

I thank You for giving me an epiphany today of how me and my family fit into your big picture. I thank You for giving each one of us the revelation and the realization of things that have been, until now, veiled from our understanding.

I ask You to give people everywhere the sudden realization in their heart and spirit that Jesus Christ is the risen Son of God. Let the things that have blinded people to truth fall off now in Jesus name. I ask for sudden comprehension to come forth. Let truth and revelation be shed abroad in their hearts by Your Holy Spirit so that many all across the world and especially those that we have been praying for come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Let the realization of the Fatherhood of God, and their acceptance as a child of God be awakened in people's hearts today. Let the Spirit of Adoption birth the cry of Abba Father! in their hearts. I pray that You comfort Your children and draw them close to the Father's heart today that they may be set free from the lies of the enemy and restored to their Heavenly Father.

Father, I pray that today you give each person that I have been praying for the sudden awakening, the epiphany of Your love and acceptance, their identity, purpose, calling and the good plans You have for them. Let sudden comprehension of things past and present come forth. Holy Spirit, connect the dots in people's understanding and let comprehension flood their soul. Let the things that the enemy has tried to hide from them all of a sudden make sense in their hearts and minds. Let truth set them free from all deception, false beliefs and wrong mindsets. Let judgments be cast down and discarded. Give the captives the epiphany that will loose their shackles and set them free, in Jesus name.

Lord Jesus, as the Lord of Hosts and angel armies, I pray that You release Your angels to bring people wisdom, strategies, blueprints, revelation, and understanding. I ask that You release angels to bring people into the places that You have appointed for them in this season. I ask that You release Your servants to fulfill the greater purposes of God. Let the plans and purposes, new opportunities and new births come forth out of the womb of God now. Visit your people today, O God! Let this be the day! Let us each receive the revelation that releases our breakthrough. In Jesus name I pray, amen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment