Saturday, January 17, 2015

Strategic Warfare that Turns the Battle

Strategic Warfare that Turns the Battle - A 10 Day Prayer Focus
By Laura Gagnon

Every one of the prayer points that will be posted over the next 10 days are based on military strategies. These strategies have been around for hundreds, if not thousands, of years. There are many more, of course, but these are some that I felt necessary to utilize as a means of turning the tables on the enemy.


The more I examined the strategies, and the more I wrote, it became apparent to me that I was not writing them for just any ‘enemy,’ but more geared towards a serious military invasion. I have tried as much as possible to keep to a balance of love, mercy  and justice while at the same time understanding that we have some very real threats to our nation and its citizens. With that in mind, I give you what I have written in hopes that the enemy’s plans may be extinguished.

1. Identify the opponent within you. Most often, before we can be truly submitted to the Holy Spirit’s authority, we must confront the enemy within. We will not truly understand what it is until God puts His finger on it. He uses certain situations to uncover the lies hidden within our own belief system.

Fear about whether or not God is completely trustworthy, for example. Whether it concerns your reputation, financial need, healing or something else, we all face insecurity about whether or not God will take care of us in situations beyond our own control. We must face our fears of what it means to surrender all. Surrender means giving up total control and allowing ourselves to be led by God’s Holy Spirit, rather than attempting to figure out all the answers, trusting in our own abilities and leading ourselves.  #identifyyouropponent

Prayer:

Dear Heavenly Father,

Open my eyes to understand my own blind spots, insecurities and the enemy hiding within my own soul. What lie is Satan using against me to keep me from completely trusting You? What is the scripture verse that will refute the lie? Holy Spirit, flood me with revelation and peace as You unravel the lie. Lead me into the truth and draw me deeper into the truth that makes me free. In Jesus name, Amen.


“God's way is perfect. All the LORD's promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.” Psalm 18:30 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment