Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Strategic Warfare the Turns the Battle #4

Strategic Warfare that Turns the Battle -#4 - Don't Fight Old Battles

4. Discern whether or not the current battle is a continuation of a former battle or an entirely new one. Learn from past battles but don’t keep fighting them. Fruitless arguments are just that. Old issues and old arguments stem from unresolved offenses. If you've done what you can to resolve them to no avail, then walk away and don't look back. Don't carry the past into the future; get healed and move on! The enemy may try to bait you into an argument that focuses on old issues by doing something to offend you, but don't let your ego pull you into an unnecessary battle.  Staying calm frustrates the enemy. Learn to discern the hook. If there is no new ground to be gained, exit without engaging. 

#Exitstrategy

Prayer:

Father God,

I thank You for allowing me to discern the bait that the enemy is using to ‘hook’ me and pull me into a battle. Holy Spirit, put a guard against my lips so that I do not take the bait and engage in a senseless war of words. I give You permission, in advance of any situation that may arise, to change my heart and my responses so that You get the glory. Restrain me so that I do not put my foot or my mouth in a snare. Give me the response You want me to have that secures my victory. In Jesus name, Amen.

“May Your lovingkindnesses also come to me, O LORD, Your salvation according to Your word; So I will have an answer for him who reproaches me, For I trust in Your word.” Psalm 119:42 NIV


“For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict.” Luke 21:15 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment