Every night for a week or more I have been unable to sleep. I find myself awake and going into the living room to pray. Last night, as I sat down, I began to worship and sing "Oh, the Blood of Jesus...it washes white as snow." I hadn't thought about that song for a long time, but it led me to research a few things regarding the blood of Jesus. Take a look at all the scriptures concerning the blood of Jesus in your Bible. If we truly understood the POWER that resides in the blood of Christ we wouldn't take it for granted. It is because of Jesus shedding His blood for us that we are accepted in the Beloved, (Eph. 1:6). It is because of His blood that our hope is secure and will not be cut off,.( Prov. 23:18). It is the blood that still speaks on our behalf. God has made a covenant with us that He has not broken. Jesus said in Mark 11:24 that His blood is of the New Covenant, which He shed for many. He reminded us to have communion with Him often and do it in remembrance of the sacrifice He gave on our behalf. He tells us to remember the blood that was shed for us because it has power. In the act of taking communion with the Lord, the two disciples on the road to Emmaus who were so discouraged, broke bread with the Lord and had their eyes opened to the fact that HIS BLOOD CONTAINED RESURRECTION POWER. They didn't serve a dead god! The living God was right in front of them! Do you have confidence in God to uphold His end of the covenant? He is holy and cannot lie!
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the Blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin. 1 John 1:7
IF we walk in the light - that is, the truth, - not resistant to God's ways. This allows for fellowship and purity to be released in greater measure into our lives. If we choose to hide from the conviction of our sin, we choose compromise and spiritual darkness creates blind spots and deception in our life. We begin to live a lie, denying the very identity we have in Christ. If we listen to Satan then we become subject to his leadership, tyranny and deception until he becomes our master. The reason why so many Christians fail to enter into the fullness of what God has made available for them is simply compromise. The enemy whispers his lies in our ears and we listen to fear rather than faith. We believe the father of lies rather than our heavenly Father who loves us and wants the best for us. And so, when we fail to trust God with our entire heart, surrendering our entire life, we adopt areas of compromise depending on what we believe about Him. And an open door of compromise is all the enemy needs to come in and flood our life with troubles, mischief, unbelief and much more. It is sad that we fail to trust the Lord to know what's best for us. We fail to surrender our hearts and lives to Him. We hold back, and want to retain the ability to make our own choices, rather than choosing to live a life led by the power of the Holy Spirit. Perhaps you say, "But I do pray over matters. I ask for God's guidance." This is good. But what about the matter of your pleasures, your attitudes, your conversations or your heart? Is He Lord and Master over these as well? Or does the lust for certain appetites present a compromise in your life? Does fear cause you to doubt whether God really will have a better plan than what you can figure out on your own? Are the enemy's lies accusing God of being unfair, or that it's ok to justify certain things that you know God would want you to surrender in order to live a more pure life? We all struggle, and we often don't appreciate the conviction when these questions are presented. We resist Him being the Full and Final Authority. Yet these are the areas we must surrender for the power of God to flow unhindered. Let the blood of Jesus come in and cleanse these areas of your life today. Ask the Holy Spirit to let the power of Jesus' blood purify your desires, your motives, your prayers and enable you to surrender every last bit of selfishness. In this we will all do well. Let me assure you, God will move mountains and do incredible things for those that surrender their right to play God of their own life. "For the eyes of the Lord go throughout the whole earth to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him." 2 Chron. 16:9
There is POWER to FORGIVE SINS:
Jesus Christ conquered Satan on his own ground, and after Satan had taken his best effort to destroy the Son of God, after Jesus was crucified, He went into Satan's domain to strip him of all authority and power. He took the keys of Death and Hades away from him, forever putting the enemy of our souls to an open shame - in front of all his co-partners in the works of evil and destruction.
There is POWER for DELIVERANCE:
He obtained eternal redemption because of the shed blood, because He offered Himself without spot to God - and is able to cleanse our conscience from dead works. He does this so that we can serve the living God. Jesus Christ is the Mediator of the New Covenant, by which we are saved by His grace and our faith in the Son of God. (read Heb. 9:12-14)
There is POWER and AUTHORITY:
- Jesus' blood makes it possible for us to enjoy communion with the Father and bring the needs of others to Him through our prayers and intercession. It gives us the ability to release blessing into the lives of others.
- “Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” (Luke 10:19)
- “Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases. He sent them to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.” (Luke 9:1)
There is POWER for PROTECTION. It was the shed blood of Jesus that won the victory on cross and defeated all the power of the enemy. What was true then is still true today. I suggest to you that you pray for the blood of Jesus to cover, guard, protect, save, redeem and restore every aspect of your life, family, home, vehicle, job or business, finances, health, etc. Only God knows what is in the future. Only He can save, deliver and protect you from harm. Cut the enemy's plans off before they can be carried out. Declare the power of Jesus' blood over every aspect of your life and watch it change!
- Declare the power of Jesus' blood to heal broken relationships, for the ministry of reconciliation is the ministry of Jesus Christ.
- Declare the power of Jesus' blood over offense, unforgiveness and bitterness of past events.
- Declare the power of Jesus' blood to cleanse your heart and mind from toxic thoughts and emotions.
- Declare the power of Jesus' blood over strongholds and areas of unbelief. Declare every stronghold to collapse and surrender to truth.
- Declare the power of Jesus' blood to remove unclean or impure desires. Ask God to let the power of the blood remove the wrong desires that tempt you (or those you are praying for) into sin.
- Declare the blood of Jesus cleanses your conscience from dead works and gives you power to live a life that honors God.
- Declare the blood of Jesus over the lusts of the flesh and the soulish ambitions.
- Declare the blood of Jesus over pride, rebellion, and resistance to submission to God.
- Declare the blood of Jesus over areas of struggle, such as unloving spirits, rejection, emotional brokenness or wounding, accusation, judgment or harsh attitudes.
- Declare the blood of Jesus over wrong covenants to sever; declare the blood of Jesus over godly covenants to guard and protect.
- Declare the blood of Jesus over your home and family members.
- Declare the blood of Jesus over your income, job and finances, that the devourer would be rebuked.
- Declare the blood of Jesus destroys the yoke of oppression, depression, hopelessness and grief.
- Declare the blood of Jesus heals all your sickness and disease.
- Declare the blood of Jesus seals shut the doors of your past, for forgiveness of generational sins of parents and grandparents.
- Declare the blood of Jesus over the doors to your future, guarding and protecting your place of destiny. Declare that nothing will keep you out of them at the appointed time.
- Declare the blood of Jesus over your body, mind, soul and spirit. Declare it over your loved ones.
- Declare the blood of Jesus over that property that won't sell or to keep your property from going into foreclosure. Declare poverty to surrender and bow to the power of Jesus' blood over your finances.
- Declare the blood of Jesus has intervened in your situation and the power of God has brought your victory. Faith pleases God and moves His hand.
When the enemy tries to flood your life with trouble, there is a promise for you in Isaiah 59:19. The Spirit of the Lord will raise up a standard against him. What is that standard? The power of the blood of Jesus! There is nothing more powerful than what Jesus did by shedding His innocent blood on our behalf. Satan cannot penetrate the blood. Jesus died to redeem us from the power of every curse that we might receive the promise of His Spirit through faith. (Read Gal. 3:13,14) The only thing Satan can do is to lie, deceive and entice us to live in compromise because it provides the open door he needs to gain access to your life. Friends, what is your need? It has already been provided for through the shed power of Jesus' blood. THERE IS POWER IN THE BLOOD! Revelation 12:11 declares our victory lies in the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony. The power of Jesus' blood is because He was completely innocent of all sin and wrongdoing. His sacrifice was Holy. It was completely selfless and pure, and because of this, the POWER OF GOD lives on in the fact that Jesus gave His life so that we could enter into His rest and enter into His promises. Everything in the kingdom of God is entered into THROUGH FAITH in what Jesus did for us. It is the same FAITH that BELIEVES there is power in His blood to provide everything we need. We overcome by HIS BLOOD, and by the WORDS which we speak. Declare His promise and you can stand on the fact that the power of Jesus' blood has made this promise real and available to you -TODAY! This is real faith. It is the substance (something you can STAND ON, it bears up under weight) of what really exists in the realm of the unseen. (meditate on Heb. 11:1)