God Is With You, Even When You Can't Feel Him or Hear His Voice


Friends, I have shared many of my own testimonies and life experiences with you through this blog. I hope you find them helpful and encouraging. I know many people struggle with hearing from God. Sometimes when we are going through a difficult time we wonder whether or not God is there, or why it feels like He isn't listening. 

Recently I asked a friend if I could share her testimony with you. There is someone out there that needs to hear this! I want to encourage you to share your testimonies with the world, but perhaps some of you need a forum to do that, or maybe you need a little help getting your feet wet and taking that first step of faith. I want you to know I care, and I want to help YOU find your voice and share your story with the world. Telling your story has the impact to transform you from the inside out and break you free from all your fears, insecurities and false concepts about who you are. Sharing my testimonies and my experiences with the world has freed me from a lot, and I want to help others break free from all their personal limitations, too. I believe that together our voices will create a ripple effect. Do you have a testimony to share? Contact me at xpectamiracle@yahoo.com.

Here is a testimony from a woman by the name of Patty Mcgehee. God has done some amazing work in her life and she gave me permission to share her story in hopes that it helps reassure others of the constant abiding presence of the Lord. Here is Patty's story:

I had a vision of Jesus taking me on a journey. I won’t go into all the details now because it would be too long to read, but, in short, in this vision, God told me that even when I can’t see him He is always there. A year later, I ended up in a situation where I had been held hostage, beaten and raped. I thought I was going to die. I didn’t think I was going to make it out of that situation alive. On the inside, I was begging God to save me…to send someone to help me. He was silent. I kept asking Him, and the more He was silent, I thought, “Okay Lord, if this is it…If I’m about to come home, so be it. After a little bit more time the Holy Spirit had brought to my remembrance of the vision I had a year earlier, and He said to me, “What did Jesus say to you in the vision?” Within my heart, I replied, “He said even when I can’t see Him, he is always with me. The Holy Spirit replied to me, “Yes.” Right then I knew somehow some way I was going to be delivered. I had so many concussions. My head was so swollen. I had a tumor on my jaw all my life and I was afraid I was going to die, the pain was so severe. I wasn’t trying to call upon him. I could hardly think, but in my great distress I said the name of Jesus just because the pain was so great. Each time I said His name my captors looked frightened. By the third time I said His name, a SWAT team appeared in the doorway and I was rescued. It wasn’t until days later that the Holy Spirit spoke to me concerning the name of Jesus. He said, “Even though you  weren’t even trying to operate your faith, weren’t you delivered at the mere mention of his name?” It struck me. My help showed up within seconds of speaking His name. Even when you can’t see God in it, He is always there; even when He seems silent.


Here is a wonderful reminder of God's promise in the Amplified Bible. This is the second part of the scripture in Hebrews 13:5(b)..." for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. I will not,I will not, I will not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let you down (relax My hold on you)! Assuredly not!"


No comments:

Post a Comment