In the Quiet Place

I remember when I gave birth to my youngest daughter, and on my first hospital tray of food someone had left this poem. It spoke to my heart so deeply. All the pain and turmoil of where my life was at during that time. I knew God had someone deliver that poem to me just as certainly as He had taken me to a place far away from the turmoil so that I could heal from my brokenness. He knew what I needed more than I did. Life can get so busy and full of distractions, and we can get so caught up in just survival mode sometimes, that we can't seem to quiet ourselves in His presence so that we can heal.

Yesterday was a not-so-good day, full of troubled thoughts and a soul too tired to do anything but cry out to God and weep. Yet today I awoke with the certainty that God indeed hears our cry, and when He hears our cry, His mercy compels Him to respond. Scripture reminds us that when we know He has heard us then we are also assured that He has sent the answer to our prayer. All that remains is to quiet ourselves like a little child. Just like an infant is calmed and quieted by their mother's voice, and senses her presence..we can enter that place of trust, where our worries are resolved. It is the assurance of our Father's love and mercy towards His child. He will act on our behalf! He is our rescuer, our deliverer, our comforter, and our healer. Just worship while you wait, and know that the answer is on it's way. Take time to be quiet, for it's in the quiet that He heals your soul.

I NEEDED THE QUIET

I needed the quiet so He drew me aside,
Into the shadows where we could confide.
Away from the bustle where all the day long
I hurried and worried when active and strong.

I needed the quiet though at first I rebelled,
But gently, so gently, my cross He upheld,
And whispered so sweetly of spiritual things.
Though weakened in body, my spirit took wings
To heights never dreamed of when active and gay.
He loved me so greatly He drew me away.

I needed the quiet. No prison my bed,
But a beautiful valley of blessings instead--
A place to grow richer in Jesus to hide.
I needed the quiet so He drew me aside.

Alice Hansche Mortenson

No comments:

Post a Comment