Taking Authority Over the Deaf and Dumb Spirit

I have been fasting for the last several days. Today is the fourth day. And today, when I opened my Bible, I saw something different. Something that caught my attention. It was the reference to the deaf cobra that ‘stops its ears’ in Psalm 57:4. The Lord was calling my attention to a deaf and dumb spirit.

If you recall, there is a story in Mark 9 about a young boy that was tormented by a deaf and dumb spirit. The disciples could not cast it out. When they inquired of Jesus as to the reason, He told them that this kind of spirit could only come out by fasting and prayer. (Mark 9:28, 29). In verse 19, Jesus said, “Oh faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I bear with you?” Here we see that unbelief works together with a deaf and dumb spirit. They did have some faith, just not enough to deal with that kind of spirit because it was stubborn and resistant. It didn’t just affect one individual, but many. It also is a generational curse that needs to be broken. This is how it gained significant strength and power. This spirit is not just a ground level demon. It is a much higher ranking principality that has authority over regions.

In chapter 6 of Isaiah, the prophet had a message for the people that they would suffer for their unbelieving hearts. They heard but didn’t understand; they saw but could not perceive, which meant they were spiritually blind. Their hearts were dull and their ears ‘heavy’ so that they could not turn from their unbelief and be healed. God said this would continue until their cities were completely laid waste, impoverished and desolate. This is the result of generational sin. 

The deaf and dumb spirit causes physical issues such as epilepsy and seizures, but on the spiritual side it it rooted in unbelief which causes apathy, an inability to focus (which is also distraction), spiritual deafness, and an inability to learn, receive and communicate.Matthew 13:38 reminds us that where there was unbelief, Jesus could do no mighty works or miracles. These things are what make for ‘brass heavens’ and hard spiritual ground.

The father of the boy with the deaf and dumb spirit had to overcome his own unbelief. He came to the Lord and said, “Lord, I believe, but help my unbelief!” Unbelief settles in when people have had to struggle and deal with things for a very long time and see no results. They get discouraged by the lack of change and the constant struggle. It makes no difference whether or not it is a health or physical issue, the state of their marriage, finances, employment situation or a family issue. Do you remember the paralytic man in John chapter 5? He had been in a state of constant infirmity and lameness for 38 years. Now that’s a long time. The guy was full of excuses why he hadn’t been healed. You know why? Because he had unbelief! The first thing Jesus asks him is, “Do you want to be made well?” He had to challenge the man’s heart condition that was full of confusion, double-mindedness and unbelief produced by living in that condition for a very long time. Once his heart was challenged as to what he really believed, he got his healing. As a testimony of truth to this, I have to share what happened with my husband two nights ago. My husband has had chronic knee pain from a genetic, degenerative condition for many, many years. The other night in worship I felt the Lord impress me to go pray for him (again!) and he would be healed. He has been prayed for by all kinds of people over the years but nothing did much good. This time, I felt the anointing leave my hands and go into his knees. My poor husband has had to live in extreme pain for probably 25-30 years from this condition and he FINALLY GOT HEALED! What an incredible miracle! Some things only come by fasting and prayer, and sometimes it's a timing issue as well - but never give up believing! 

Do not let doubt, discouragement or disappointment lead you to believe that God will not answer. His desire to heal, set free, and restore are very clear in the word of God. Hold fast to His promises!

Here is a prayer to deal with the deaf and dumb spirit:

Father God,

I declare and decree over myself, my family and the inhabitants of this geographic region (name your city, state) will no longer turn aside from hearing and responding to truth. I bind the strongmen of the deaf and dumb spirit, unbelief and the perverse spirit in the name and authority of Jesus Christ. I bind up the spirit of heaviness that brings hopelessness. I forbid them from speaking, influencing, controlling or dominating others. By the authority of Jesus Christ I render them powerless, paralyzed and impotent. I command these spirits to be dismantled, torn down and sent back to the place God created for them in Jesus name.

I release the Joy of the Lord, a Spirit of Faith, Purity, Love, and Resurrection power by the Holy Spirit to go forth over this land in the name of Jesus Christ.

Lord Jesus, I ask You to release Your angels to surround my family, our cities and war against these strongmen spirits. I bind all interfering and assisting demons that try to enforce and support those being torn down, in Jesus name.

I declare that the ears that have been dull and without understanding, those that have sought comfort through denial, and those that have been under a spirit of stupor are opened now, in the name and authority of Jesus Christ, according to Mark 7:35. Lord Jesus, you said in Isaiah 61:1 of your word, “The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;”

Therefore,

I declare that every agreement with the enemy or works of darkness are now broken in the name and authority of Jesus Christ.

I declare that my family and those in my geographic region, in (city, state) have turned back to You, O God, that they may be healed.

I command the deaf ears to be opened now in the name and authority of Jesus Christ.

I command the dullness to come out of people’s hearts, and they have been given a spirit of understanding from Your Holy Spirit, according to Matt. 13:15 and Is. 11:2.

I break the spirit of stupor and release clarity, focus, and healing to people’s minds. I declare that Your words are clear to them according to Mark 7:14.

I declare that people everywhere hear the word of the Lord and are compelled to do what He says, according to Acts 10:33.

I declare that people will give up their other desires and pursue the Lord Jesus Christ, according to Mark 8:34.

I declare people will confess the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved, according to Romans 10: 9,10.

I declare that false brethren and lying signs and wonders will not deceive the righteous nor turn them away from the way of righteousness, according to Mark 13:22.

I declare the spirit and power of repentance is released now to make people ready to turn their hearts back to their heavenly Father, according to Luke 1:17 and Malachi 4:6.

I declare that people have cried out to the Lord for their deliverance and salvation, and the Lord has saved them from all their distress. He has brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, and has broken their chains in pieces, according to Ps. 107. 13, 14.

I declare people are no longer dead in their trespasses but they have been revived according to Eph. 2:1.

I declare that people have turned away from their wickedness according to Acts 3:26.

I declare people have confessed their sins and received cleansing for their unrighteousness according to 1 John 1:9.

I declare people have confessed their sins one to another so that they can be healed, according to James 5:16.

I declare the generational curse of unbelief is broken according to Malachi 4:6.

I declare our land, families and our cities are healed according to 2 Chronicles 7:14.

I declare and decree that people will be found watching and waiting for Jesus Christ according to Luke 8:40.

I declare that Jesus will find great faith according to Luke 7:9.

I declare restoration is released according to Ezekiel 36:29-36.

I declare the waste places are rebuilt and the breach has been repaired, according to Is. 58:12.

I declare rivers of joy are flowing in dry places, according to Jer. 31:9 and Is. 41:18.

I declare the head of the serpent that causes spiritual deafness is cut off, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.


* * * * * * * * * * *

Addendum posted 5/7/14:

I beleive this is a strategy from the Lord. Fasting, prayer and the above declaration. This morning the Lord gave me this: On the fourth day of Cornelius' fasting (read Acts chapter 10), he got a divine visitation from an angel to tell him that his prayers and alms had caught heaven's attention. God had arranged for a messenger to be sent to Cornelius' house so that his whole house could HEAR the gospel and be saved! I believe this is a word in due season for many people right now. Fasting opens up revelation and catches heaven's attention, but so does a lifestyle of giving and generosity. Do you need God to send a messenger to your unsaved loved ones, or those that have gotten off the path of righteousness? Those that are living in unbelief? This is a key to their breakthrough. Fast, pray, sow a seed into someone that cannot repay you. Remind God, not of your works, but on the fact that He is no respecter of persons. What He did for Cornelius He can do for you. Just ASK!

12 comments:

  1. Very important things to know for a spiritual warrior of Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed this! Thank you abs God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was really a blessing for a mom with only child with autism and extreme hyperactivity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To God be the glory! This was a timely word revealed to me as I was shown a generational curse of the deaf and
    dumb spirit. The weariness of waiting had led me to a place of unbelief, but this word encourage me to move forward and declare victory over my life and my family's life. Thank you for your obedience unto the Lord to write this. May you be blessed abundantly, in Jesus name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To God be the glory! This was a timely word revealed to me as I was shown a generational curse of the deaf and
    dumb spirit. The weariness of waiting had led me to a place of unbelief, but this word encourage me to move forward and declare victory over my life and my family's life. Thank you for your obedience unto the Lord to write this. May you be blessed abundantly, in Jesus name!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome prayer, the Holy Spirit put the death and dumb spirit on my mind when I awoke this morning. Looked up exactly what this spirit was, said the prayer and got deliverance right away!!I decree manifested blessings following as evidence of the power of God'sword!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This article has been a blessing as I ha e struggled with near success disappointment for almost all my life.My parents were victims of the same spirit.I so glad I found this article

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great teaching,plz note its Ps 58.4 not 57.4.God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. my pastor is dealing with this right now. my sister and i both see it,tonight your word came right on time.we said we was going to set a time up to pray .now i know its more to it then just pray now i have a new game plan.thank you pray for me and my sister

    ReplyDelete
  10. my pastor is dealing with this right now. my sister and i both see it,tonight your word came right on time.we said we was going to set a time up to pray .now i know its more to it then just pray now i have a new game plan.thank you pray for me and my sister

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very needed strategy from the Lord, thank you so much. From now on used in Estonia and Sweden. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete