It is obvious that there is a war for dominion. Good has become evil and evil has become good. There is so much insanity and confusion because moral absolutes have been cast aside.
This is not a time to pray for unity and bipartisanship, but let me explain why. Yes, we do want cooperation among government leaders. However, we are not supposed to compromise with the confusion and lawlessness of debased mindsets. We are not supposed to blend in the with the world or cater to their demands! We are not supposed to be politically correct! God's people are called to be distinctly different. We are a royal priesthood, consecrated to Him. We are to be an example to the rest of the world, to uphold righteousness. This is not meant to offend. I am sure there are good people on both sides of many of the political debates, but as Christians, we are not to embrace compromise with immorality, lawlessness, rebellion or things the Lord clearly condemns through scripture. This is not about personal opinions or our own personal beliefs but about a Holy God, Our Creator and heavenly Father has said in His word. It's time to get a backbone and stand up for the things God says are wrong. We are not to support and defend sin, confusion, or uphold the world's demands, for they are governed by the prince of the power of the air and they perpetuate immorality, injustice and evil agendas. God tells us to hate what He hates. Not people, but sin. We are called to resist evil and to declare God's word so that His ways can be established on earth as it is in heaven.
THIS is our responsibility. Therefore, here are some prayer points that I feel are important to declare, especially in regards to our political leaders.
1. Bind the spirit of fear over those in the political & governmental realm. Speak to the judges, lawmakers, senators, congressman, governors, state assemblymen and other elected officials. Declare a release of the Fear of the Lord, the Spirit of Conviction, and the Spirit of Righteousness would replace the fear of man. Declare that God has not given them a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind according to 2 Tim. 1:7
2. Pray for those in these political positions to be filled with the Holy Spirit , and for people to come into their life to pray this for them if they are not already baptized in the Holy Spirit. Declare Eph. 5:18 over them, that they are commanded to be filled with the Holy Spirit. Declare over all those in positions of power and those coming into positions of power, that they would be men and women of good reputation (not in the eyes of man, but in the eyes of God); that they would be full of the Spirit and of wisdom, that are put in charge to fulfill the plans of God according to Acts 6:3.
Declare those who are in positions of power and authority would be filled with the Spirit of the Lord and power, and with justice and courage according to Micah 3:8.
3. Pray the Holy Spirit within our elected officials and others would rise up with the zeal of the Lord to accomplish the will of God. Declare the same zeal for righteousness that caused Jesus to drive out the money changers from the temple would drive the corruption out of government leaders and the executive, legislative and judicial branches of government according to John 2:15. "Jesus made a whip from some ropes and chased them all out of the Temple. He drove out the sheep and cattle, scattered the money changers' coins over the floor, and turned over their tables."
4. Declare the zeal of the Lord would replace the fear of man according to Matthew 10:28. "Don't be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell." Also declare Jer. 5:22, Psalm 119:120 and Psalm 27:1. Declare that our elected officials and those in positions of authority would fear God and trust Him to be their shield rather than being afraid of retribution from evil doers.
5. Declare Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the FBI director, and those that President Trump sets in to office would possess the zeal of the Lord like Phinehas in Numbers 25: 1-13. Declare they will throw the javelin into those causing the plague and the plague will be stopped in Jesus name. Declare the zeal of the Lord would rise up like the Spirit of Jehu in 2 Kings 10:15-28 and defeat the enemy. For it is written, "Zeal for your house has consumed me..." as in Psalm 69:7-9.
6. Declare the Lord will drive out the enemy according to Exodus 34:11; Deut. 6:19; Exodus 33:2; and Deut. 9:3-5. For it is written, ""Know therefore today that it is the LORD your God who is crossing over before you as a consuming fire He will destroy them and He will subdue them before you, so that you may drive them out and destroy them quickly, just as the LORD has spoken to you. "Do not say in your heart when the LORD your God has driven them out before you, 'Because of my righteousness the LORD has brought me in to possess this land,' but it is because of the wickedness of these nations that the LORD is dispossessing them before you. "It is not for your righteousness or for the uprightness of your heart that you are going to possess their land, but it is because of the wickedness of these nations that the LORD your God is driving them out before you, in order to confirm the oath which the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob."
It is also written in Ex. 23:28: "I will send hornets ahead of you so that they will drive out the Hivites, the Canaanites, and the Hittites before you." And in Joshua 23:5 it is also written:
"The LORD your God, He will thrust them out from before you and drive them from before you; and you will possess their land, just as the LORD your God promised you."
Amen! Father, we agree and declare that the Spirit of the Living God is driving out the enemy from where he has been hidden. We declare the tormenting spirits, the hornets, are released to drive the enemy out of our land, out of our government, and out of our nation. We decree it to be so, and we thank You for going ahead of us to drive the enemy out so that this land can be reclaimed for the kingdom of God. In Jesus name, amen.