Your Shield and Great Reward

How would you feel about your problems, trials and frustrations if you realized that GOD ALMIGHTY IS YOUR SHIELD? The same promise that God gave to Abraham in Genesis 15:1 belongs to those who belong to Christ. God said to Abraham, "I am your shield and your exceedingly great reward." A shield is used for protection. God is your defense!

In a recent dream, I was being chased by enemies and one threw a knife at my back. (Thank you Holy Spirit for the heads up!) I saw it coming and immediately cried out, "Jesus, You are my shield and my exceedingly great reward!" INSTANTLY the knife that was coming at me flipped in the air and began to chase down the one who threw it. He ran for his life! What a revelation, right? If you're under attack, persecution or encountering trouble, begin to declare, "Jesus, You are my shield and my exceedingly great reward!" Watch what happens next!

God is bound by His covenant with us. Your enemies become God's enemies' - but God's enemies becomes yours also. He is in it with us and He is our shield. Our defense! God has promised to do exceedingly ABOVE all we ask or think according to His promise in Ephesians 3:20. He is your shield that goes before you. He is our blessing, and His shield surrounds us with favor. What a great promise! Fear finds no place where the Lord of all our impossible situations stands between us and our enemies. The glory of the Lord comes behind us as our rear guard to keep watch against ambush attacks of the enemy. Whatever enemy it is, you can face it head on knowing that God is for you and working on your behalf to make His good plans for your life come to pass.


“The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, And with my song I shall thank Him.” – Ps. 28:7

“The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. “ – Ps. 18:2

“After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying, "Do not fear, Abram, I am a shield to you; Your reward shall be very great." – Gen. 15:1

“Every word of God is tested; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.” – Prov. 30:5

I love Psalm 35 also. King David is the author of Psalm 35, and it was written at a time when He desperately needed God’s intervention to deal with his enemies. King David understood the important secret we also need to know: God is bound by His covenant with His children to deliver help in our time of need. He IS our shield and military help at the time when our enemies gather against us. David’s heart was reassured that God would rise up in His defense!
Do you need a prayer to assure your heart? Do you need a prayer that will rise up as a call for help against any enemy? Here is a prayer for you!

Lord Jesus,

I thank You that you plead my cause with those that strive with me. You fight against those who fight against me, according to Your word in Psalm 35:1. I take hold of You, my shield and buckler, and I thank You that You stand up for my help. You have seen those that pursue me and you have reassured my soul that YOU ARE MY SALVATION.

I thank You that those that wait for you shall never be put to shame. Those who seek my life are turned back, sent into confusion, and those that try to harm me in any way whatsoever bring shame and dishonor upon themselves. This is your promise in Ps. 35:4.
I thank You that the angel of the Lord chases those that come against me. Those that insist upon acting as a destroyer or accuser in my life fall into the very destruction that they intended for me.

I thank You that you are awakened to my vindication and my enemies shall not rejoice over me. Those that rejoice in my hurt are brought to shame and mutual confusion. These are my promises from Your word. You do it automatically, as a partner in covenant with me. I need not worry. Man has no power over me. The enemy has no power over me. No weapon formed against me shall prosper and every tongue that rises up against me is condemned, according to Your Word. I praise you all day long and I rejoice in my salvation. You are my shield, my buckler, my strong tower. You take up for me in the day of battle.

Therefore, I bless my enemies and ask that You bless them with a heart that is changed; a heart that can receive Your truth and revelation. Bless them by giving them an encounter and revelation of Jesus Christ. Show them Your love and your grace. Bless them in any way you desire. Let their hearts be released in humility and repentance to stop persecuting Your servant. Thank You, Father, Lord Jesus and Holy Spirit for Your love and help that protects me and assures my heart. In Jesus name, amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment