Who Is God?

On tough days sometimes we need a little reminder of exactly who God is, and just how capable He is in handling everything that concerns us. He has said in His word that to those that order their conversation in a way that honors Him He will show the salvation of God! How many of You want God to show up big in your life? Then give Him a thank offering!

"He who offers a sacrifice of thanksgiving honors Me; And to him who orders his way aright I shall show the salvation of God." Psalm 50:23 NAS


Oh Lord God, God who made the heavens and the earth. How awesome is Your name! You are not just Lord, but my Lord and my God. I am not an orphan, I am chosen by You to be Your child. You are not just Father to many, but You are my Father, the One who has known me from before the foundations of the worlds. You are Abba, the One who predestines us to be Sons and Daughters, who adopts us as Your own and loves us unconditionally. You are the One who accepts me just as I am. You are the One who sees everything and understands me, because You made me. You are the One who is full of mercy and compassion. You are my Father, the one loves me and will do anything for me! You’re the One who has promised to never leave me nor forsake me. You consider me the apple of Your eye and Your delight.


Father, You are the Creator God, the One who made the heavens and the earth and all that is. All that has ever been. You are the God who speaks and it comes to pass. You are the God that speaks and acts. You are the same forever. You are the unchanging God, the same yesterday, today and forever. You are The Almighty, the Ancient of Days, the Alpha and Omega, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and my faithful, covenant keeping God.


You are the Rock of Ages, my shield and exceedingly great reward. You are the God I can call on, the One who hears and stops to listen to Your children. You are the God whose hand is long enough to reach out to us no matter where we are.


You are the Creator who never forgets Your creation. You are the God who holds the worlds in Your hands, who hung the stars in the sky, who knows each one of them by name. Forgive my small thinking! You are so, so big! You are the God who exalts His Word more than You exalt your name. You are the powerful God, the Most High, who delivers Your people and rescues us from every fear and foe. You are the God who parted the Red Sea, the One who makes a way where there seems to be no way. You are the One we can depend on, the Great and Mighty God, the One who knows all things and is an ever-present help in time of trouble. You are the God who is unable to be fully understood, Your qualities so vast, Your knowledge immeasurable and Your character so expansive. There is no way to measure You. There is no other way to describe You except wonderful, majesty and awesome to behold. Your ways are so beyond our ways. Your thoughts are so above mine. I am left undone when I consider Your beauty!


You are Lord of all the earth. You are the Lord of Hosts. King of Kings and God above all other gods. Your name, Lord Jesus, is the name above every other name that could ever be spoken. Your name is above every name that could ever be conceived in the mind and imagination. Your name is sweeter on my lips than any other name.


You are Jesus, the God of the spoken word. You, that came from Yourself and lived in the flesh among Your people. You are our Savior, Teacher, Liberator, Deliverer, Defender, the One who Forgives. Your name is Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God. You are known for Your faithfulness. You are the One who paid the price for our sins and our resurrected Lord. You are the Lover of my soul. You are the God who puts an end to all sorrow, the God who gives joy, who calms every storm saying ‘Peace, be still.’


You are my God, clothed in light. Clothed in glory. Everything about you speaks of honesty, integrity and holiness. No one has ever been or will ever be like You! You are the great warrior of heaven, the Commander of Angel Armies, the God who fights for the defenseless, who intercedes for us, the God of our freedom who delivers us from the hold of sin and helps us live victorious. You are the One who tears down walls that divide, who destroys the plans of the evil one and who reigns as the King of Kings. You make the heavens and the earth your footstool. You reign in Supreme Authority over all the earth.


You are merciful and compassionate, a holy and loving God. You are the miracle working God who speaks and does not change Your words. You are the light in the darkness. You’re the God who rescues us from the pit, the prison and the poorhouse. You are the God who redeems time and restores our losses. You are the God who blesses me because You care for me. You are my confident, my conqueror, my protector. You are my God who covers me with a banner of love and spoils evil plans so that the enemy cannot triumph over me!  You are the One who provides, as often as I need one. gracious provision for a new beginning. Your mercies are brand new every day! You are the One who never with holds your forgiveness from me. As long as I come to You honestly and confess, You cleanse me. You graciously begin again with me. Lord, forgive my resistance! I want only You as my God, Jesus! You are my companion, my friend, my provider and the lifter of my head. You are the King above every other king; so pure and holy that you cannot be judged. You are the God who defends those who are truthful, my vindicator, the just Judge of heaven. You are the One who opens doors no man can open and the one who closes doors in their time. You are the God who lifts up the humble and opposes the proud. You are the One who is worthy to walk with and worthy to follow.


You are God the Holy Spirit, who has come as my Comforter, Helper, Healer, and my  Hope. You are jealous for me, to consecrate me to the Lord as His bride and keep me in the ways of righteousness. You are the God of answered prayer, the One who reveals Jesus, and the One who knows the deepest secrets of my heart. You’re the One who sees the visible and the invisible, who understands the heart and motive of mankind. Nothing escapes you. You are the One who lives within me, continually revealing Jesus, and nothing can separate us. You are my great advisor, the One who gives life and resurrects the dead. You are the One who is both the essence of all that is gracious, kind and loving, yet, the God who changes appointments with death because Your power is unmatched. Your ability to transform a dead situation into one of life is unparalleled. You alone can remove inadequacies from my life and turn empty, barren places into places of fruitfulness. God of the living! You are busy loving. The God who blesses, restores and giver of life. You open the womb of the barren. You heal and make whole. You hold the keys to my existence, the keys to my future, and reveal strategies for success. You are the God who can turn a bad situation into good, who rallies to my defense and leads me into truth so that I may be made free.


O Lord of Lords and God of Gods, You are a righteous God and Your mercies endure forever. Great is Your faithfulness! You truly are a great and powerful God, and I exalt you to the highest place in my life. You are worthy of my praise! I give you honor and esteem You worthy to be praised, now and forever! Your heart towards mankind is pure. It is always for our restoration. You never sleep but are always watching out for me. You are the God who listens intently for my voice. I am Yours. I have a glorious Father! A faithful friend! You have good plans for me that will certainly come to pass because You are incapable of lying. You watch over me and You watch over Your word to perform it. You are holy and perfect in all your ways, O God! Eternity will not be enough to praise Your glorious ways, O God! Be exalted in my life, King Jesus! Amen and amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment