God Has a Pathway Our of Your Pain

 
I am not sure who needs to hear this today, But God wants you to know that He has a pathway out of your pain. Perhaps you feel stuck in the past, or you've been carrying regret over a situation that you cannot change. It may be that you don't know how to rise above the feelings of guilt or condemnation associated with the shame of failure. You may be feeling the pain of being misunderstood or the sting of rejection. Sometimes it is because we place too much significance upon the opinions of others. Injustice, false accusation or being used as another person's scapegoat are also legitimate reasons to experience pain and tormenting thoughts. Emotional pain results when we place a higher value on the approval or acceptance of others, or we believe a lie about ourselves or our circumstances, rather than what God says about us. The pain you feel may be connected to some other situation, but no matter what it is, God is faithful to help us in our times of grief, depression, lonliness or whatever we may find outselves having to walk through.

First of all, let me assure you that Jesus experienced all the same emotions, but on a grander scale. Although He did not fail, others considered Him a failure and labeled him as one, so He did experience the range of emotions connected to public failure, and the mocking, rejection and feeling of being alone through it all. He knows the heartbreak that you are feeling, and He is walking with you in it. If you invite him to, Jesus will walk you through to the other side of this painful valley. I know, because I've been there, too.

The first step is allowing God to comfort you with His love. There were many years I could not feel God's love around me because I had been terribly hurt, abused, and betrayed by people I should have been able to trust. Because of bad experiences, I didn't trust others, so I kept most people at an emotional distance. The self imposed isolation was very lonely, and I finally realized that if I was going to heal, I had to learn how to let others in and figure out how to trust again.

I prayed for safe connections, people that would not be judgmental and those I could trust with my pain. I didn't want to tell my story, but one day I was in the presence of someone I felt safe with, and I was in such pain from being misunderstood, labeled, blamed and shamed, that my story tumbled out of my mouth. The person I was with just loved on me and assurred me that they would keep my confidence and pray for me. It is what I needed. That little door of hope allowed healing to come to my broken and bleedng heart.

God does not bruise us when we are down. Instead, He shows us HIs love and mercy. His love is tender and patient. He knows where we have made agreements with lies and may even be in sin, self medicating or trying to avoid uncomfortable subjects, but He will get around to helping us deal with those issues when He knows we are ready for change. He allows our misery to prepare us for change, but it is His love and faithulness to us that encourages us to let go of our vices, stop making excuses, and take responsibility for our own well being rather than leave it in the hands of others.

Time spent in His presence also allows us to experience His love. That is when He reminds us that not everyone is meant to follow us into our future. If someone cannot love you when you're down, or if a person deserts you when you've made mistakes, and if they won't stand with you when you're hurting, you might want to reevaluate their importance in your life. Have they earned the right to be at your resurrection? 

I have had people in my life that could never celebrate my success. They could not bring themselves to offer a word of congratulations, or a word of affirmation. People's true intentions are often seen in the things they think no one will notice. Sometimes people will refuse to acknowledge anything positive in another person's life because they don't want them to be blessed. Friend, God is doing you a favor when He exposes the pettiness and insincerity in other people. It is better to know who are against you rather than be caught unaware. That way you don't continue to entertain unrealistic expectations or allow offense to get into your heart. Forgive them and move on!

God will bring people into your life that will celebrate who you are, your accomplishments and gifting. If people in your life don't value those things about you, keep moving and ask God to guide you to those that are "your tribe." Eventually, you will find one another and those relationships will truly enrich your life. They will also become the catalyst for even greater levels of healing and change.

One of the biggest lies we must learn to discern is about our identity. There is so much to be said on this topic! Google your identity in Christ. Study the scriptures. Let them encourage your faith. Understand that what God says about you trumps anything someone else has spoken about you, and that includes negative words and opinions you've had towards yourself! The process of discovery also brings us to a crossroads where we must decide whom we will serve. Are we going to allow the voice of our inner critic, formed by negative thoughts, opinions and experiences create us in the false identity the enemy wants us to accept? Or, will we take God at His word and believe we are who HE says we are? We have a choice, but which voice we listen to determines who we serve, and who is our master. I hope you choose to believe the Lord, for He is the one that died for your redemption and freedom. Only the Father who created us in love should be allowed to tell us who we are!

Trust God to lead you out of your pain. God promises us in His word to work all things together for our good, to those that love Him and are called according to His purpose. We cannot change things that have already happened, but God is able to create a new future. Invite Him to hold you, comfort you, and navigate you through your pain. He has promised to never leave you or forsake you! 

Today, sit with Him for a while and ask Holy Spirit to minister truth to you. Ask Holy Spirit to reveal a lie that you've believed about yourself or your situation. When it comes to mind, Ask Him to reveal more information, such as what event allowed you to accept this lie. Then ask Him to show you the truth. God loves you so much, and it is the Holy Spirit's job to lead us into the truth that will make us free. Read John 8:31-32. 

"Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”




No comments:

Post a Comment