Saturday, March 3, 2012
Prayer for Financial Blessing & Restoration
1) Nothing seems to prosper, and provision is meager. Consider perhaps that you are not in the right "field." Sometimes we need a shift in location, relationship alignments or something else in order to find the place where we will truly prosper. You might be in the wrong geographic location or wrong city. We experienced this on a number of occasions. When we made the shift from one city to another, which was only about 30 miles difference, all of a sudden more work and opportunities opened up. You wouldn't think it would have made that much of a difference, but it did. The Lord also had us let go of a business associate my husband was working with at the time. He professed to be Christian but he was full of anger and living a very compromised life. We had been making money that was owed to us, but it seemed like it was pulling teeth to get it to come into our hands. This continued for months. The day we let go of this person, 3 checks were in our mailbox on the same day! Consider who you are aligned with and ask God if you need to make any changes relationally.
2) Sometimes God is trying to teach a spiritual principle of sowing before you can reap. Sow a seed - donate your time, talents, or find a way to bless someone in the area where you desire to reap - without expecting them to repay you. What is your need? Sow a seed. Don't worry about the size. What seems inadequate or even silly to you is still large enough for God to bless. Remember the little boy with the loaves and fishes! God never overlooks sacrificial giving.When you've sown a seed in faith, God blesses and returns the blessing.
3) Is something preventing you from receiving blessing? Is God is trying to get your attention? The Lord is our shepherd and His promise is that we will not lack, but if we open the door to sin or have open doors somewhere, it can allow the enemy to rob and plunder our provision. Sometimes He also uses wilderness rations in order to teach us how to trust Him. Pray and ask the right questions. Is He trying to teach you something?What does He want you to learn?
4) There is an unbroken curse in effect that is robbing you. When cars repeatedly break down, your finances seem to vanish in thin air, or other things continually drain your pocketbook, those things are not always from natural causes or just "life." I do not believe in prosperity preaching or wrong use of scripture to mislead people, but at the same time we have to recognize that poverty is a curse. Spirits of death and hell will try to take the blessings right out of your hand. The thief comes only to kill, steal and destroy. (The prayer below will address some of that, but if you want to be very thorough, go to the other articles and look for Breakthrough Prayer.)
5) Are you holding unforgiveness or bitterness against someone? Unforgiveness is the #1 reason why blessings are withheld.
Every person's life is different, and there are no pat answers. I'm not going to get religious on you and try to tell you what you have to do. But if you ask the Lord to reveal any just reason why financial blessings are being withheld, or reasons why you're going through some things you're going through, God will show you. Obedience, repentance (which is simply changing your mind about what you think, and the way you think about God) and generosity towards others unlocks His hand.
I will give you a nugget of wisdom God shared with me, and every time I've practiced it, it releases breakthrough. God told me that when we do something kind for someone else that cannot repay us, He becomes Lord of the Breakthrough to us. Especially if it is an act of humility and sacrifice! I have so many testimonies of sowing into homeless people, people that were dying, others that a serious need of some kind, and what I gave was always on the practical level of things like food, finances, clothes, etc. EVERY SINGLE TIME God responded with blessing. It's not always financial, sometimes it's an answer to another prayer, but God is ever so faithful to return the act of generosity. Try it yourself, you'll see, it's a principle that works!
With all that being said, here is the prayer for financial release.
I thank You that finances are not a big deal for You, but You use financial matters to encourage us to pray according to Your will. You want us to prosper, but You also want our souls to prosper. You want us to pray on behalf of what others need, too. So I come to You and I ask for wisdom. I ask for Your counsel and understanding so that I do not suffer from a lack of knowledge.
I also repent for any wrong attitudes and actions that demonstrate selfishness, worry, fear, complaining or doubt. I know that those things do not please you and they do not demonstrate faith. I am grateful, Lord, for my home, my family, and all that you have given to bless my life. I am grateful for You, Lord Jesus. I may not always show it, but I want You to know that I do value You, and how much You have already done for me. Thank you for being my Savior. Thank you for your love and acceptance and the forgiveness of my sins. I choose to forgive anyone that has offended or hurt me. I release them . I ask You to forgive the sins of my generational line, too. I don’t know everything that others have done, but please let the blood of Jesus cover those sins, and let a blessing come to others in my family, too. I pray they would receive You and receive Your help. For those that need jobs, please help them get hired at a good job. For those that need their health restored, please heal them. For those that need specific things, please meet their needs over and above what they need. Let them be very blessed, and if anyone is holding unforgiveness towards anyone, please help them to forgive so that You can forgive their sins, too.
Father, as a child of God, I now take authority over the spirit of Python which constricts. I bind it up in the name of Jesus and I forbid it from restricting my ability to prosper. I also take authority over poverty and death, and forbid these thieving spirits of death and hell from advancing against me, my family and my livelihood. I tell them all, "Be bound, In Jesus name.” According to what Jesus has already done on the cross, I command you to be silent, impotent, and void of any and all power. Leave me now, in Jesus name.
I release the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth, to show me any areas of my life that may be hindering me from receiving increase in blessing and prosperity. If I need to be realigned in some way, show me. If there are relational changes that need to take place, show me. Let Your divine connections come forth now, I pray. I speak a release of Prosperity, Promotion, Favor, Blessing and Increase. Forgive me, Lord, for areas of selfishness and greed. I know that I am blessed to be a blessing. Let the work of my hands be blessed. Let fruitfulness and increase be released in my family.
I command all illegal encroachers, both in the natural and spiritual to be removed from that which concerns me and my family. Please let angelic assistance be released to help remove any spiritual hindrances to breakthrough. I declare all curses are broken. Let blessing and favor be released over each family member, our employment, business contacts and finances. I command the enemy to restore everything he has taken, according to Proverbs 6:31, and with a 7-fold increase. I call for inheritances to come forth, both spiritual and natural, and I speak release over myself and entire family. I speak the word of RELEASE over the people in my city. I command all mountains of resistance to be removed, every gate unlocked, and every door that is connected to Your opportunities to be opened. I speak a release of Your grace, favor, love and restoration to everyone that is in need of Your touch, and Your assistance. In Jesus name, Amen.